People like to ask me about the core of my germaphobia. I think I can pinpoint it down to a certain period in my life, and the story isn't very exciting. It actually started when I worked for a hospital. My coworkers warned me about the germs and bacteria floating around the hospital and consistently reminded me to take safety precautions. They also set by example. Touching a doorknob, an object crawling with germs and cold viruses, without a paper towel or napkin of some sort was taboo. When I got to work, I was reminded to wipe down my desk, phone, and keyboard with wipes. I took their teachings to heart and have been vigilant about germs to this day! Prior to my stint at the hospital, I was clean but not hypervigilant. I grew up in a tidy and clean household but the level of cleanliness and germaphobia has reached a new level.
This blog isn't just going to be all about germs. Sorry to disappoint those who were looking for daily germ quotes but this blog WILL consist of the ramblings of a germaphobe.
No comments:
Post a Comment