Wednesday, December 1, 2010

smells on airplanes

I've noticed a lot of different things during my flights, but my most recent flight proved to be a battle for my nose. I have a very sensitive nose. Combine this sensitivity to a relatively confined space with no true air circulation and I've got problems. In a perfect world everyone would have the courtesy to shower or at least slather on some deodorant before a flight! On my flight to my destination, the person sitting in front of me had  empowering and engulfing body odor. I hid in my jacket the entire flight. On my return flight, the person sitting behind me had a musty smell, the smell on wet clothing or wet towels. My companion described it as "musty three-day old sweat on a t-shirt." Once again I hid in my jacket for the duration of the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment