Sunday, December 26, 2010
band-aid in my soup
I've found many undesired items in my food served in different places, ranging from fast food to five-star restaurants. Here are just a few experiences: On two separate occasions I found plastic wrappers in my salad at the same popular fast food chain. At a five-star restaurant I found a HUGE spider in a dumpling. At another five-star restaurant, I found a worm in my plate of vegetables. I found a cockroach mixed into my potato salad at a popular cafe. Unfortunately the potato salad was a takeout order so I couldn't scream loudly for the rest of the patrons to hear. I've also found a band-aid in my soup at another restaurant. My most recent experience involved a silverfish inside my burrito... I've had too many of these experiences; I don't know why I continue to eat out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeh, the bandaid was probably the worst food experience.. even worse than watching that cockroach climb out of a pepper shaker next to me and walk across the table.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can recreate my bandaid scene: I was at a Chinese restaurant being served banquet style, so there was a big pot of soup. I was drinking from my bowl of soup when I noticed the bandaid. It was a small piece of bandaid, like someone had cut a piece to cover a small cut on their finger. It was a little less than half an inch all around. Yes, it was horrific. I couldn't even let my mind go there; that someone's bloody mess was inside the soup that I had been drinking from, and that it had contaminated the entire bowl of soup, maybe even more if the soup was made in a large batch.