A friend once asked if I had ever really thought about the plastic containers (ie for salad dressing, sides) included INSIDE my take-out boxes. I hadn't. He then proceeded to clarify that people touch those plastic containers before placing them inside my to-go box. Since then whenever I see those plastic containers inside my box, I have to stop and take a deep breath. The food service employees putting together my food could have touched money, scratched their nose, blown their nose, etc. the list goes on... Here's a visual. Notice how the mashed potato container is touching the chicken and biscuit. Side note: the biscuit was SO good. I may just order a box of biscuits next time.
Ignorance is bliss. If I can't see it, like a waiter touching my fork before I arrive, I usually don't freak out.

Ignorance IS bliss...crazy knowing that if we don't see it...its supposedly clean. Have you ever seen the movie "Waiting"?
ReplyDeleteNo I have never watched Waiting.. Is it like the germaphobe's version of "A Haunting?" :)
ReplyDeletei didnt watch "waiting" but i heard bad bad things about that movie. i dont think i would wanna watch it. i'm afraid i would throw up lol
ReplyDeleteThe movie isn't bad...more funny than anything. I don't think it would make anyone throw up. I recommend watching it...it's funny.
ReplyDeleteSorry this is way off... but I did hear the movie "127 hours" made people want to throw up while watching it. Anyone want to go to the movies?