Tonight I dined at a sushi restaurant that had an enclosed sushi boat conveyor belt, which was probably one of the most amazing things I, as a germaphobe, have ever seen in a restaurant. The entire conveyor that moves the sushi plates along was enclosed! There were doors with which to open, reach in, and grab your sushi. What a brilliant idea! No need to worry so much about people sneezing or coughing onto the sushi plates passing by! I wish I had taken a picture.
oh yeah! in hk, they have a clear plastic cover that covers the sushi on the sushi boats :D
ReplyDeleteDoes each "seat" or "stall" have a singular door? Or does each "slot" on the conveyor have a door. If the conveyor doors are community that sounds pretty dirty. If each seat or stall has a door id be fine with it because you can clean the handle once and not worry about it again. The thought of playing Russian Roulette with sushi door handles is making my stomach churn... or it might be the leftovers I ate.
ReplyDeleteI like the sushi cover idea. BUT... the only place ive been to that used them didnt clean them very well. Nothing like eating maguro only to notice some type of roe still clinging to the underside of the cover...
Yep, each stall has a door.
ReplyDelete